Working to improve the quality of life for disabled people in West Lothian.
We are a user-led organisation, active in West Lothian since 1976, promoting the ideals of the Social Model of Disability.
Inviting disabled people to join us, inviting individuals to volunteers, to come on board
- Help us to tackle discrimination,
- help us to help others make better use of resources.
- Help our communities improve their access and improve attitudes.
We help individuals, business, voluntary organisations, public authorities and communities.
We are active in a range of areas:-
Disability Equipment Zone
– Practical Equipment and resources to loan with the support to use them.
Information and Support
- Disability Equality, Independent living, Community Engagement, Accessible Information, and more.
- Creating Easy Read material, sharing ideas and support
Mystery Shopper Project
- Giving feedback to services
West Lothian Access Committee
- Improving access and attitude in communities. Access Audits, Access Visits and more.
Training, Seminars and Workshops
– Equality Awareness, Communication, Barrier-Free and more
James Young House
01506 774 030